What is an official bank letter?
An original bank statement is signed or stamped by the bank. You may also use your original monthly paper statement (does not need bank certification). If you print your electronic statement, you must have it signed or stamped by the bank. If you need to keep your original, you can bring it in to the IIC and we will make a copy.
All bank statements must:
– be dated within the last 3 months
– clearly state the student’s or sponsor’s name
– clearly state the currency (USD not required)
I-20 length is determined by the account balance on the bank statement provided. We estimate one month of living and school expenses to be $1,430.00. Therefore, in order to create a four month I-20, we need a bank statement with a balance of $5,720.
$1,430 x 4 = $5,720
F-1 Visa applicants must apply for a minimum of four months ($5,720).
Obtaining F-1 Student Visa
Once you receive your IIC I-20 and acceptance letter, take the following steps:
1. Pay the $200 I-901 SEVIS fee. You can do so online here.
2. Print the receipt confirming your I-901 fee payment.
3. Make an appointment at the nearest US Embassy or Consulate for your F-1 Student Visa application.
4. Bring the following documents to your appointment:
- IIC I-20
- Acceptance Letter
- I-901 payment receipt
- Evidence of Financial support